PWC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Packers Fact

PWC :: PWC

Go down

Random Packers Fact Empty Random Packers Fact

It seems we are already getting a little more variety in this blog section than on the old blog.

As many of you who follow me on Twitter know, I am currently writing a research paper focused on Curly Lambeau and the Packers of the 1920s. Along the way, I discovered many fascinating facts. This one is particularly awesome.

Professional football teams of the early twentieth century were little more than glorified recreation leagues, and the recently-created Packers, who profited only from the donations of fans who watched the men play on an empty lot, were no exception. At the end of their first season, which was played against teams from other small Wisconsin towns, each Packer earned $16.50 for his year's work. They also earned a record of 11-1. This is pretty common knowledge, but when you look at the way they got that record, the numbers are simply astounding. The following are the scores from the Packers ten wins (source is the biography of Lambeau written by David Zimmerman.)

53-0
61-0
87-0
76-6
33-0
85-0
53-0
46-0
17-0
54-0

Even from those early years, the Packers were obviously destined for greatness.

The 2010 Badgers would have been proud.
Admin
Admin

https://packerworldcentral.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit