PWC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the PWC 4.0

PWC :: PWC

Go down

Welcome to the PWC 4.0 Empty Welcome to the PWC 4.0

To my new readers, welcome, and to my returning readers, welcome back. As you look around, you will notice that this appears to be your standard, Packers fan forum. However, there are some major differences. First of all, every single board is open to guest posting. There is no need to register before starting or replying to a topic. This site is essentially a forum-blog hybrid, with the scales being tipped mostly in favor of blog. This board alone, which you will see functions like a blog due to the unique nature of this free forum-hosting site I found, is what the old site was, but the rest of these boards are yours.

One important point here. If you are looking for the close-knit sense of community that a members-only forum offers, I will be honest with you in telling you that you will not find it here. The best Packers community on the Internet, in my humble opinion, is the forum run by our longtime friends, the Packer HQ Forum ( http://www.packerhq.com ). I strongly urge you to go over there, see what they have to offer, and register an account. They are growing fast, but they still maintain the hard-to-achieve small forum feel, in which everyone's voice is heard.

I plan for this site to have many simultaneous uses. Yes, the lower boards function pretty much as an open forum, but this upper area, title PWC, is the old site condensed into a single board. As you may notice, it looks different and has a different feel than the rest of the boards, as it is designed to function like a blog. And, while there is no need to sign up for an account, there are still many forum-specific features, such as personal messaging, that are reserved for members. Another benefit for members is the site's chat box, which can only be seen once you register and log in. You can use it any time to contact me, I will be on and off of here when I can.

For quite some time, I have been trying to make an original contribution to the online Packers community. This is simply the next step. This is, in some ways, a vague post, but this site will really be whatever you, the user, feel it should be. We're open for business.

Go Pack Go!

--PWC
Admin
Admin

https://packerworldcentral.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Welcome to the PWC 4.0 :: Comments

Post Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:23 pm  Admin

Here is a test comment. Still figuring this system out! Wink

Back to top Go down

PWC :: PWC